As an outdoor company dedicated to enhancing and inspiring exploration for outdoor adventurers and their human companions, we do things a little differently. We believe success goes beyond making great products. Our privately held company mindfully reinvests its profits back into our business to create a sustainable, nimble organization. Our adventurous and curious team is empowered to take calculated risks that promote product innovation, strengthen customer relationships and reduce our impact on the planet. Ruffwear partners with grassroots organizations and initiatives like The Conservation Alliance, working together to protect and restore the wild lands and waterways where canines and humans connect and thrive. What started as a one-man endeavor in 1994 is now a globally recognized leader in the outdoor industry, and our culture has been recognized by Outside Magazine as one of its 100 Best Places to Work. Based in Bend, Oregon, our warm and collaborative atmosphere at Ruffwear invites the sharing of ideas through respectful and stimulating dialogue and enthusiastic support for the implementation of new initiatives. Our loyal pack is intrepid enough to climb a mountain, but prudent and canny enough to backtrack if the route doesn’t feel right, and resourceful enough to blaze a new trail to the summit. We are creating a new position for a full-time videographer who will create visual stories that engage our customers, fans, industry partners and community. Intrigued? Read on.
- A talented visual storyteller looking for a role with an outdoor company that provides you with a genuine cultural fit in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Known for your flawless coordination and execution of the entire video production process, from scripting and storyboarding, to post-production editing and sound mixing.
- Resilient and open-minded when collaborating and receiving well-intentioned input on your projects.
- Meticulously neat and known for keeping your workspace, equipment and assets extremely well organized.
- Experienced at shooting video outside and may even have experience filming animals.
- Skilled at working with multiple “clients” within an organization because you understand each stakeholder has unique needs from your projects that support their goals.
- Patient and adaptable when priorities shift, schedules change and uncontrollable circumstances override.
- Passionate about staying current with the latest industry innovations including state-of-the-art equipment, new video techniques and emerging channels.
- Personable and respectful, and have a gift for putting people at ease, allowing them to forget they are being filmed.
- A proactive communicator with exceptional project management and workflow skills.
- A professional who is both self-directed and collaborative.
Fast-forward one year from today:
- You are a pivotal member of our team who respects your inspirational, visual storytelling that emotionally connects our stakeholders with our brand.
- Your collaboration with our Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams has ensured they are receiving compelling video assets they can leverage to support their unique departmental goals.
- You have worked closely with our Creative Director and IT Support Specialist to develop efficient workflow processes and a solid strategy for managing and archiving a massive number of video files.
- Our current video library has a new depth because of the range of narrative, tutorial and internal communication videos you have produced.
- You are well on your way to achieving our goal of creating engaging and helpful tutorial videos for every product in our line.
- The studio you share with our photographer is running smoothly because you have created processes for staying organized, proactively identified equipment needs and worked closely with IT to manage storage.
- Your strategy for our YouTube channel has made us the go-to resource for people who want inspiration and information on exploring outdoors with their dogs.
- You have fully embraced the Ruffwear culture and appreciate working and playing with your Pack.
Are you ready for your dream videographer role with one of Outside Magazine’s Top 100 Best Places to work in Bend, Oregon? You have:
- 2+ years of videography and post production experience.
- Exceptional video editing skills using Final Cut Pro or Adobe Premiere Pro.
- Extensive hands-on knowledge of professional camera, grip, lighting and sound equipment including Canon 5D, Zoom Field Recorder, Blackmagic Video Assist, Rode Microphones and Teleprompter.
- Experience sweetening and mixing audio with software like Adobe Audition or Apple Logic Pro X.
- Knowledge of video codecs, frame rates, compressions and publishing tools including MPEG Streamclip, Compressor and Media Encoder.
- Extensive knowledge of Mac OS.
- The ability to work outdoors, sometimes during inclement weather.
- You may have an understanding of color correction theory and practice using software like DaVinci Resolve or SpeedGrade.
- A remote pilot, FFA Drone Certification or willingness to obtain one.
- The ability to occasionally travel domestically and work on weekends as needed.
- Preferred experience with compositing and motion graphics techniques using Adobe After Effects; Photoshop and Illustrator skills are a plus.
- A quick answer to #mydogismy.
Make it yours:
Resume + Cover Letter to email@example.com